The main front of the Basel Minster has two towers. The northern tower is called Georgsturm (64.2 m) and the southern tower is called Martinsturm (62.7 m). The towers are named after the saints George and Martin. Copies of both saints are portrayed by corresponding equestrian sculptures next to the main entrance upon high pilasters below the particular towers. The statue of Saint Martin, showing him in the act of cutting his cloak with a dagger, originates from 1340; today, the archetype can be found in the Klingentalmuseum.